Sunday, August 20, 2006

You know what I think is funny? (Well, there's lots of stuff, but let me tell you about one thing in particular...) My whole life, all of the church people have called me Jeshanah...(except for a select few close friends who called me Shan.) My immediate family has always called me Shan, but my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) have always called me Shannie. (Thanks, Uncle Vic!!) And my school friends and co-workers have all known me as Shanah.

For some reason it kind of strikes me as funny that each one of the Ramirez Guys have taken on a different one of my many nicknames. Israel called me Shanah on John's blog. Josh called me Shan on my blog, and Danny calls me Jeshanah (only most of the time he pronounces it Jeshawnah...) so I guess that means Shannie is reserved for Sam!!

I'm sure everyone reading this will think I'm wierd for even noticing any of that, but, I don't know, it just struck me a funny. (My funny bar must be low right now... I'll work on it.)

10 comments:

Sharla said...

Lol Zion.

Anonymous said...

hey i call you shanny most of the time

Israel said...

First of all what's up with all these "J" names.

And how many Hornsapples are there anyway?

I need a family tree.

I know Sharla and Gary begat Justin and Jariah and (Jess) and Jeshanah (is that the one married to John?)
Then there's a Becca Right? Are there others? With all the nicknames and such I'm really confused. I don't know who came first, second or anything.

Plus my memory is bad and all white people look alike to me.

Maybe somebody could post a picture?

Jeshanah said...

Jess is the one married to John. I am Jeshanah and I married Zion, your brother.

I'll work on the family tree for you, because you are clearly very confuzzled!

Israel said...

Great!

I wanna know birth order and whether they're married and how many kids.

Also about Aunt Barb?

Becca Holsapple?

Becca Y.?

Bekah?

Beca?

Buca?

Bacca?

and Chewbacca and all your other relatives, friends / admirers lurking on this Board.

Hully said...

We need to publish a pocket guide: "Rebekahs/Rebeccas for Dummies" 'cause I'm having a hard time keeping them straight.

The other day I anwered Mom's phone and asked who was calling. The voice on the other end said, "Rebekah."

Well, that narrows it down. < rolls eyes >

Sharla said...

Yeah, and that turned out to be a completely other Becca,a newer menber of our church who is also an employee of mine.

Jeshanah said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, John. I have a sister Rebecca, 2 sisters-in-law named Rebecca, my sister's buddy BekahY (who has been almost like another big sister named Bekah...) and there are about 5 Beckys at our new church. It's crazy!

(I think people need to start naming there kids like our mom did!!)

Sharla said...

How many other Jeshanahs are in your new church???

Jeshanah said...

ummm, none, shockingly enough. =) There aren't any other Jariah or Zions, either.