Saturday, August 12, 2006

I was re-reading this post and I think I came off as a little too harsh. I have toned it down a bit, and I do apoligize to Israel for my rude comments. I would have deleted this post, but I didn't want to lose all the comments from the other bloggers.

Israel,

Wasn't your OWN father a republican? Why would you say that you want republican people to be shot in the face? Once again, I have to ask, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

I am a republican, My Mom, Dad, Brothers, Sisters and Most of my Friends are republicans, and need I mention my Husband...YOUR OWN BROTHER is a republican. You might want to consider your audience before airing your bitter diatribe about republicans on this blog.

I have used this blog to complain about the great state of Arizona, but those negative comments have not actually been directed towards the people of Arizona! (Except the big guy on his front porch in the recliner, when I talk about him, I guess I AM complaining about the people of Arizona, who sit on a recliner on the front porch.) The only people we have really spent any time with is Danny and Joanna, and I would be hard pressed to come up with something negative about them, they are both very sweet people and Christ really shines through them. Plus, Danny cracks me up (and kinda freaks me out) because he reminds me so much of Zion, so I have really loved getting to know them both a little bit better!!

You told me that this IS my home and I need to get used to it, well, that is not entirely the case. Tucson is now my home, that part is correct, because this is where my husband is now, but THIS house will NEVER be my HOME. (I can't see myself ever getting so attatched to a prison that I would think of it as a 'home', and that is what this place feels like to me,) because I am scared to leave the house without Zion or Jariah with me. I have always been pretty independent and proud to be, before I moved here. I had my own job, I had my own car, I had my own friends, I had my own life and I wasn't afraid to go out and live it. I know bad things can happen anywhere, but aren't bad things more likely to happen in a crack den than in a candy store?? This house and neighborhood is a much lower standard of living then I have ever had to deal with and I really can't stand it! Our old house might have had wheels, but we had it all fixed up and it was actually kind of cute, and not at all scary like this neighborhood... that YOU admitted before was a pit!!! Even though we have fixed up the interior of this house here on Castro, we are scared to go outside so to me this house is like a prison sentence because I am stuck here and it really stinks!! (Prison might not actually be so bad, at least they have air-conditioning...)

One more thing about the 'Hood', telling us that THIS Street is fine, but ½ block away is a real bad neighborhood, doesn't make much sense to me. People can walk ½ block pretty fast, and they can drive it even faster. If ½ block away isn't safe, then it's not safe here, either.

21 comments:

Sharla said...

I don't think Israel is trying to be rude at all. I think we aren't supposed to take anything he says as personal. He is a great lawyer so of course he loves to argue. He is against the republican ideaology and he loves to vent. I am sure he loves Zion and wants him to be successful so he is trying to steer him and in turn you in the right direction in financial decisions. I am sure we can all learn a lot from him, even if we don't agree with a lot of his liberal ideas. He is extremely amusing.
I am sorry that he has hurt your feelings, I am sure that wasn't his intent.
Let him say whatever he wants to say. You don't have to listen to his advice. Just keep in mind, some of what he says is probably very good advice.

Sharla said...

I saw then canidate Ross Perot live one time while I was in Minnesota. He was good for a laugh. I still remember his theme song, Blue Skies. He had women out on stage singing this old song about how everything was gonna be peachy and blue skies, inferring I assume to how things would be if he were elected. It was pretty lame.

Sharla said...

Shan

About the hovel, Israel cannot possibly identify with how vulnerable you feel as a tall beautiful blonde in that neighborhood. He is not even tall!

The first time we were out there we stayed with Sister Patty in a nice little trailer park that felt perfectly safe. Go buy a trailer and all of you live there. They seem to hold their value better out there. Then you csn go get a job. Get something in sales so you can actually make some money and eventually you'll work your way back up to the standard of living you were taking for granted in the beautiful state of Ohio. Just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

haha mom said ohio is beautiful, sorry mom ohio is nicer than arizona but beautiful may be stretching it a little bit.

Hully said...

Ohio is beautiful. Stunningly so. In fact, one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen was the lights of Eastgate when I returned from Washington last summer.

In all seriousness, Ohio has beauty for all different types of tastes, expcept, perhaps, for those freaks who are into granite snow-capped peaks. Ukk.

Some of my favorite "beauty spots" in Ohio are:
-- the Cincinnati skyline as you come in from Kentucky
-- the hills in Southeast Ohio in the fall
-- the huge bridge over the river that runs through the Cuyahoga National Forest between Akron and Cleveland
-- the giant rolled bales of straw that look like Frosted Mini-Wheats when it snows
-- fields of corn, wheat and soybeans neatly organized in a little grid
-- the scores of little hamlets such as New Bremen, Pemberville and Granville
-- stadium lights on Friday nights in the fall
-- Easton Towne Center (Jess told me to put that on there)
-- a certain piece of property at 8575 Harding Highway
-- the waterfalls at Hocking Hills

You get the idea.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And in the eyes of this beholder, it just doesn't get any better than this. AZ has some very pretty areas as well. But it has just as big a share of ugly spots as any other state (with the exception of Ohio).

P.S. - Justin: Jess says "Welcome!"

Anonymous said...

since i didnt do the questionaire thing before ill do it here on todays blog.
name? Justin Andrew Holsapple
age? 29
what is your sign? i think it is gemini (not real sure though) june 18th
favorite color? red
favorite movie? Borne Identity
Favorite movie line? dhuh huh huh ( from a goofy movie)
favorite musical group? Philips craig and dean
favorite song? here i am to worship
favorite food? barbque ribs( lots of sauce)
favorite actor? robin williams
favorite actress? reese witherspoon
favorite tv show? deadliest catch
or anthing on the military chanel
favorite animal? hmmmm well steak is good so ill say a cow
favorite past time? i like to travel or just relax and lounge around
favorite sport? football to play and watch
favorite book? the bible ( unless your looking for a book of the bible and then i like John

Hully said...

How could I forget the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course?!?!

Hully said...

Just wait 'til we get going!

Sharla said...

Welcome Bekah Y! We are so happy to see you here! I am quite sure you will be able to carry your own on here. Have fun!

Jeshanah said...

I wish I could have met him, he always sounds like a wonderful man. We have had tons of people come up to us at church functions who knew him and tell us how great he was. I feel very privileged to be a part of his family.

Sharla said...

Shan
I just got back from Stephanie and Miguel's wedding a little bit ago. It was really nice. She used bright turquoise and brown, it looked very new and fun. All the girls wore brown tops and skirts that were turquoise at the top then faded to brown with a pattern at the hem. The guys were mostly Mexican so they looked very striking in bright turquoise shirts. She used rusted metal votive candle holders from like Hobby Lobby instead of the traditional rented slanted ones. The pianist was very good and the songs were great except he was chewing gum the whole time. That was kinda funny. They had a bagpiper in full kilt costume play Amazing Grace.

Jeshanah said...

Sounds awesome, hopefully Maria will post some pics of it on her blog so I can take a look.

Sharla said...

lol Zion

Hully said...

Scots rule! w00t!!

Jeshanah said...

I'm doing great on this fine evening!!

That's Cool! I hope they do come on here, the more the merrier!! I really hope that they post, too!!

Sharla said...

Israel is gonna have fresh meat! He's gonna have like five or six more republicans that he can try to sway his way. This should be fun!

Sharla said...

Hope he's up for it!







(bait) ;)

Hully said...

How do know they're Republicans? They could be Independents like me.

Jeshanah said...

Why don't you guys just walk next door to have this conversation??

Hully said...

Because Mom uses GIANT FONTS (like the "E" on the eye charts) on her computer and it hurts my eyes to read it.

Sharla said...

gee, thanks Zion. What a pal!