Monday, June 12, 2006

Only a week from now and I'll be back in beautiful, green, muggy, humid Ohio for three whole weeks, where they have actual air conditioned houses!!Coolers are the pit in my opinion. (For my Ohio friends, "coolers" are what people in AZ use to keep their houses cool, but they aren't that great because they only keep the house about 20 degrees cooler than the outside so when it's 105 OUTside, it's 85 INside. However, in our case almost all they have done so far is leak nasty water all over our new floors and on all my scrapbooking stuff. They have also broken down at least 4 times which makes the guys have to climb around on the roof to tinker with it at all hours of the day, including the hottest hours)
I can hardly wait to get to OH and see everyone again! This has to have been the longest 36 days of my life! Plus, I'm probably going to stay at my brother Justin's new house!! Wooohoo!! (It was mine until a month ago when I moved and he bought it! I'm REALLY going home!!!) The only bad thing about it is, Zion doesn't get to come with me, but I'll be back here in this lovely town soon enough!

2 comments:

Israel said...

If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have none at all...

Are you guys driving American cars?
I'm guessing you are cuz they keep breaking down.

Oh well, look on the bright side, think of all the gas money you'll be saving whiole waiting for repairs.

We have a neighbor from Ohio who also drives an American car. That's so quaint and old fashioned, but as the former owner of a Ford Tempo, here's my advice, next time try Japanese, German, Korean or even Mexican.

The Mexican-made "Adobe" sedan is pretty cool. It's constructed out of dried mud so if you are in an accident you can just wet it down, reshape it and let it dry. Presto! It's as good as new.

Or if you need to buy a whole new car, I recommend the Hyundai "Tucson." Make sure you get one with air-conditioning because the swap cooler hanging out of the side window really cuts down on fuel efficiency.

Jeshanah said...

lol

Zion and My cars are both Dodge Neons. [Also known as the cheapest cars on the planet, but they have always been fine in the past and they worked real well in Ohio.] The only "car trouble" we had in Ohio was getting wrecked into twice, but that always ended up working out to our advantage thanks to car insurance. Unfortunately, our insurance company doesn't take care of breakdowns, too! Wouldn't that be nice, though, kinda like medical insurance for cars. (hmmm... I think I'm onto something...)

Jariah's car, I believe, is a Buick LeSabre, but I'm not even 100% sure about that and they are all asleep so I can't ask.