Monday, June 12, 2006

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten about this very interesting detail. On the second day that we were all here working, Dad needed some water to mix grout for our tile floor in the kitchen, so Zion sent Mom and I off to go get some water. We went to the gas station to get them the water, and there was a cop car sitting in the parking lot of the gas station. We didn't think all that much of it (Gas stations have coffee and doughnuts, hehe) so I jumped out and ran in to get the water, but alas, they had no water to sell to me. By the time I got back to the car, two police officers were talking to my mom and saying, "Why are you here?", "You shouldn't be here", "Two girls from Ohio have NO BUSINESS being here, it's not the best neighborhood, get away from here as soon as you possibly can", and things like that. It was very scary and none of us girls wanted to stay in this house after hearing all that. But we did and so far we are all fine, even though we aren't huge fans of the neighborhood.

2 comments:

Israel said...

See my original post about living in Tucson's armpit.

Israel said...

It's really not that unsafe where you live though, just stay away from "Adult Expectations" on Stone near the church.

Oh and Miracle Mile is where all of the ladies of the evening hang out (and I really do mean hang out.)