Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ok, so here's what happened today, and I'm not blaming AZ for this, I'm just going to say, Big City+ Jeshanah Driving+ Strange Car= Disaster! Now that we have that cleared up, let me explain.

Becca and I took Jess and Ness to the airport today. On the way, we had no problems; we went to the Tucson Mall first thing to charge Jess’ cell phone for the last time, then we headed for Phoenix. On the way to Phoenix, we stopped at the Gap outlet and found a bunch of really great clothes for Jess for camp. (Becca's going back later, and all I really want is a $6 bag.) We had no problems getting to the airport, no problems checking the bags, no problems getting them to their gate, no sweat saying goodbye because we’ll see each other in only 6 days. It was wonderful! Finally, an “easy” day despite the fact that we were in a different car.

After saying "see ya later" to Jess and Ness; Becca, Brandon, and I headed back to the airport shuttle bus stop to take us to our car. We walked to the wrong place (we think) the first time, so after giving it a second, we walked to another section of the airport(the RIGHT place), but then we doubted ourselves and went back to the original place. Of course, we then had to walk BACK to the right place. It took us about a half an hour carrying Brandon and the diaper bag, it was fun!! <- Sarcasm (After we were actually ON the shuttle, we figured out that the first place we went would have worked, too. I hate airports!)

Something very strange, and embarressing happened ON the shuttle, I scratched my ankle and it started gushing blood. (apparently there was an ant bite there) Now there’s blood all over my nice white sandals that will probably never come out.

When we finally got to the car, I was pulling the door shut and got some disgusting melted chocolate candybar all over my hand. One of the perils of driving a borrowed car I guess. Luckyly I didn't get any on my white skirt.


Then we were on our way! We were supposed to meet Joanna at another outlet mall because we had to pick up an air conditioner for Zion’s grandma on our way to Tucson from her. Somehow on the way out of the airport, I made a wrong turn and eventually ended up heading west on I-10. (A.K.A. the opposite direction of where I was SUPPOSED to be going). No big deal, right? All I had to do was exit and get back on going the opposite direction, right? Wrong! If only it were so easy. Joanna had to wait for us for like an hour, while we were aimlessly driving around Phoenix looking for a way to get back on I-10 East! I finally got onto I-10 East and it was naturally rush hour and no one was moving. Traffic was finally starting to move again and Becca was on the phone with Joanna when we found the road that we were looking for and I proceeded to DRIVE RIGHT PAST it, helpless to get over and get off because there were WAY too many cars for me to get through. Joanna was so sweet and just came to us at the next exit so we didn’t have to get back off and on. We went to the McDonalds and Joanna was there just a few minutes after us. We got the air conditioner and some food, then hit the road to come home. Whew, Just another day in the life of Arizona. 693 days and COUNTING!!!!

5 comments:

Jeshanah said...

Hope that's enough paragraphs for ya, Johnny old boy!

I also hope I used them in the correct places! This is alot of pressure you put on me now.

Hully said...

Good job. :thumbsup:

Israel said...

My guess is that you were borrowing my mom's car, which is usually full of enough biohazards to kill a cockroach.

The last time I drove it she had panty hose, the odd shoe or three rolling around on the floor and gum on the door handle where she had been saving it for later and forgot.

Another hint: Don't eat any of the bio degradable food stuffs you find rolling around in the trunk.

Jeshanah said...

You got it! In the drivers side handle there was a melted chocolate thing, and on the passengers side handle is some sort of crumpled up kleenex or paper towel. The trunk was full of all kinds of misc. items, including a christmasy cookie jar!

Jeshanah said...

Oh, Jariah just told me that he used a wipe to clean the sticky steering wheel in our borrowed car today, and when he was done, the wipe was BLACK! Yum!