Thursday, July 17, 2008

Well, I'm at work right now. =( I only got a few hours of sleep and I'm miserable. I'm just waiting for my boss to get here (in another 2 hours or so...) then I'm going home and going back to bed. I'm scheduled to work until 2, but that ain't gonna happen. I'll be doing good to make it till 9!

I so wish that this was a bigger hotel with more employees (like my old one) so that I could have just told my boss that I needed the whole month of July off to get over this, and there would have been someone else to work. Unfortunately, there are only 4 front desk clerks (including me) to cover 2 8-hour shifts a day, 7 days a week, plus at least 2 Breakfast shifts.

I have been so tempted just to quit ever since I got sick, the 40 minute drive alone is brutal, not to mention how painful it is to get up at 4:45 in the morning when you feel like this... but then I think how bored I would be once I get feeling better, and how much nicer I'll be able to make the nursery with my income... plus, just up and quitting is not my style. I usually give my employers more than 2 weeks notice, and if I'm gonna do that, I might as well stay because I've been assured that in another week or so I'll be feeling great!


Anyway, someone please say something because I'm really bored and my blog is my only source of entertainment right now. =)

12 comments:

BeccaHolsapple said...

something... ;o)

Jeshanah said...

Thanks, Becca. You're swell!

BeccaHolsapple said...

I thought you mighlt like that!:o)

Are you feeling any better or are you still going to come home when Bill gets there?

Jeshanah said...

Bill's here, but he's not at the desk right now.

Jeshanah said...

Van, the maintenance guy is on vacation this week, so Bill is doing a few maintenance things right now. I really hope I can leave pretty soon, but there is also a guy coming in today for some sort of training for Bill, so I'm not sure what's going to happen... I might end up leaving anyway and severing all ties! Who knows!!?! At this point, I'm having a hard time caring! =)

John S. Hullinger - A.D. said...

Q: Where does the king keep his armies?
















A: In his sleevies.

Jeshanah said...

Janessa?

Jeshanah said...

Bill just asked me if I was doing okay for a while or if I felt like I needed to go home, and I told him I would be okay for a little while longer. What is my problem?

Jeshanah said...

BTW, I like how Becca spells might alot better than the regular way. ;)

BeccaHolsapple said...

Haha...you are just trying to be a good employee...

I feel kind of bad for the guy, his two best employees are pregnant! He is probably wondering what to do next!

Jeshanah said...

It's amazing that I'm getting paid to be here today, seeing as I've been sitting down watching traffic go by most of the morning. I seriously have enough time between phone calls/ guests coming up to the desk that I could fall asleep if that wasn't completely unprofessional. =) (I'm already being pathetically unprofessional by sitting down the whole day anyway.)

I am being somewhat productive though, I've written the Breakfast hours on a bunch of key cards. Also known as "busy work".

John S. Hullinger - A.D. said...

Q: Why did the chicken NOT cross the road?













A: He was tired of having his motives questioned.

*rimshot*