Monday, June 20, 2011

Okay, so that diet only lasted a day and a half..... it was really terrible!!! lol I seriously almost passed out so I had to eat!!! I have 7 pounds left to lose to get back to pre-Lincoln weight, so I'm back on weight watchers.

Garrison is 7 months old, teething and refusing to wean!!!! Ack!!! Lincoln was sooooo easy to wean that I thought, cool, no biggie..... well Garrison's proving to be more difficult in that regard!!! lol This little man loves to nurse and it makes it really hard! I know what my problem is.... I was more comfortable with nursing in public with Garrison than I ever was with Lincoln (with Lincoln anytime I was out and about, I gave him a bottle, so he was completely used to it...) but since I'm not as nervous about it with Garrison, I've only ever given him like 5-6 bottles!! Mostly when we were in KY and I would go work and Zion would keep him at the hotel for a couple hours!!! That was MONTHS ago!! I weaned Lincoln at 4 and a half months old..... I'm gonna try to cut Garrison off in the next 3-4 weeks. Wish me luck!!!!

Lincoln is getting SOOOOOO BIG!!!! It's kind of freaking me out!! haha I can't believe some of the stuff he does and knows and says!! It's incredible!!! Last night (Father's Day) he and Zion went outside and hunted some fireflies, they caught two of them in a jar and we watched them light up as Lincoln fell asleep. =) He thought it was pretty awesome. Well, while we were laying there watching the fireflies light up, and after saying their prayers, Zion was gonna sing, "Jesus Loves Me" to Lincoln and started out.... "Jesus loves me this I know" and Lincoln sang the next line before Zion could take a breath and get it out!!! LOL Then Zion sang the next line, and Lincoln finished the verse!! They both sang the chorus together. It was really cute!! =) Zion and I didn't realize that Lincoln knew that song.... he really is a little sponge!!! haha

Lincoln has also passed another milestone before reaching 2 and a half years old..... he is potty trained!! WOOHOO!!!! Only have to use diapers at night!! It's awesome!!!!!! =) Yesterday was his first whole day without a single accident (Happy Father's Day, Daddy!!! lol) and that includes going to church in the morning and Wal-Mart in the evening in big boy underwear and staying dry the whole time!!!! He's been #2 trained since we were in Kentucky this past winter..... but he's finally figured out the "wet" part!! =) I'm very proud of my little guy, and he made it very easy on me!! All I've had to do is give him stickers as a reward (or sometimes icecream or some very small toy like bubbles!) and he's done he rest!!! He's the best!! =D

4 comments:

StephanieRuth said...

Hey Shan! Congrats on getting Lincoln potty trained! Isn't amazing what thrills your heart when you are a mom. lol Also, remember David Blair? He researched and studied diets for the past three years and has lost like 70 pounds I think and has kept it off. I took the same approach him did and I have lost 25 pounds and keep it off. Check out his website www.regainyoursanity.com. It really worked for me and I am serious when I say it is easy! Best of luck!

Jeshanah said...

David Blair HAD 70 pounds to lose?! Whoa!!! I guess I haven't seen him in a while!!! lol

BeccaHolsapple said...

Wow!! Thanks so much for recommending this Stephanie!! I loved it, and it's really an eye-opener!!

BeccaHolsapple said...

Oh and Shan, I am of course so happy for you that Linky Doodle is staying dry! :oD