Monday, October 20, 2008

Nobody was lying about the nasty tasting stuff they make you drink to test your glucose level when you are preggers. It's really gross! (Not the thick syrupy stuff I was expecting, thankfully, but disgustingly sweet nonetheless.) Thank goodness they don't make you chug that stuff in the first few months of pregnancy or I wouldn't have been able to complete the test and would have had to retake it over and over again.

I won't get the results back for a couple of days. No one in my family (that I know of) has struggled with diabetes, gestational or otherwise, and I don't foresee any problems in that area with me. (Despite my lifelong addiction to sugar in all forms...) I really hope and pray that I don't have those problems because if I do, it will mean adios to the double stuf oreos and bon-bons I've come to adore...

5 comments:

BeccaHolsapple said...

Even if this test comes back with unsatisfactory results, it doesn't mean you have gestational diabetes. They just make you take a 3 hour test, which is much worse!

BeccaHolsapple said...

What kind did you have to drink?

Jeshanah said...

orange

Sharla said...

my grandma on my dad's side had diabetes but no until she was really old

BeccaHolsapple said...

At least it wasn't the coke...that one is the worst!