Monday, September 04, 2006




Happy Labor Day!!! (For those of you who actually care about Labor Day.)

Today, Jariah, Becca, Brandon, Zion and I went to a rodeo in Sonoita, about 40 miles south of Tucson. We found out about it online and thought it sounded like fun, so we went. About 20 minutes after we got there, it started pouring down rain. But I got to dress up like a cowgirl, (including a hat and boots) which really makes it all worthwhile!!!

We then went to Pinnacle Peak for our free meal!! It was delicious and we had a good waiter this time!! The show was cancelled (obviously) because of the rain, but that was okay since Brandon is terrified of it, anyway!! (It was so windy when we first got to the 'trail dust town', that my hat actually blew right off my head, and part way down the little road just prior to the picture of Becca and I holding onto our hats. (I have to explain all of this so that Jess knows that my belt didn't look that funky all day!! I had just chased my hat down the street and was still a little askew when Zion said, "Smile!") All in all, it was a great day!!

Oh, yeah, and here is a little something special for all the goats out there (and Becca) on this fine Labor Day...


13 comments:

Israel said...

Free food always tastes better.

Hully said...

Yeeeee-haw!

I've always wanted to go to a rodeo. Too bad yours got rained out. But it still sounds like you had a good time.

P.S.: Your belt looks fine, no matter what Jess says.

Israel said...

We're going to San Diego today, to attend a conference and check out Legoland.

I'm so excited!

You probably won't be hearing from me very much on this blog for a while because fantasy football season has started and that will occupy most of my blogging time.

Let those with delicate sensibilities rejoice!

Sharla said...

Man, I miss you guys! You all look so cute! Brandon is adorable in his little jeans. I'm glad you had lots of fun.

I just moved in with John today. It's weird. Okay, but weird.

Hully said...

Ha! I just got to my computer at home. I couldn't see the "Hoodwinked" video on the computers at the law library.

Hully said...

And yes, it's very weird.

Jeshanah said...

John, it's actually not a video, it's just a picture and the song.

Hully said...

Guess I could have watched it...

Hully said...

Click for video.

Jeshanah said...

Zion changed it so now it is an actual video!! It's so funny!!! Hoodwinked is a riot!!

Hully said...

A ship is docked. There is a rope ladder hanging down the side. Each rung on the ladder is one foot from the next one. There are 12 rungs of the ladder above water at high tide. The tide goes out at one half foot per hour. How many rungs of the ladder will be above the ocean at low tide, six hours later?

Hully said...

Technically, Zion, it's a ship, not a boat.

Anonymous said...

Shan...the pics are awesome!! So cute!! You always look cute! Love ya! ~~Maria~~