Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I haven't written much lately because not much has changed. (I have now seen cockroaches number four and five... but, I don't want to keep reporting on that because it's so disgusting. Although I gotta say, number five was the absolute worst because Zion and Jariah were at work so it was up to me to kill it. I chased it around for a few minutes trying to muster the courage to actually step on the nasty mammoth thing before remembering we had an ant and roach spray. I got the can and sprayed him really good before he fell off the wall down behind our couch. I must have killed him, but we weren't entirely sure, so we stayed in our office chairs in the middle of the room with our feet off the ground and eyes wide open the rest of the day!! I would like to add that until Saturday, (after that incident) Becca and I didn't know if they were poisonous or not.) I also have continued to do laundry a few times a week, but that gets boring to talk about after the first time... soooo...

Oh yeah, here's something fun... On Saturday we went to Sierra Vista(where we learned that the cockroaches aren't poisonous) to watch the UofA game with Sam and Christina! Only, (thank goodness) Christina apparently likes watching football about as much as Becca and I do, so we didn't have stay there for the game, us girls went for a drive around town instead and then we stopped at the mall.


Sierra Vista is very pretty, it's a lot cooler then Tucson or Phoenix and they've had a lot of rain so everything is nice and green. They even have trees!! It's a nice little town. I think it's even smaller than Lima, they just got their first mall and they don't even have a Super Wal-mart yet!!!

On Sunday we headed back up to Phoenix for church. After service we went to a Mexican restaurant, the best one, in my opinion, that we've been to since moving. (Besides Taco Bell, of course!!) We then went over to Danny and Joanna's with Lily and the boys to wait until it was time for second service. (They take second services off during the summer and start them back up in September, so this was the first time we've been to a second service since moving here.) Second service started at five and Bro. Ron preached, then we had communion and foot washing. (Not trying to be sacrilegious or anything, but I think for the foot washing water they stuck a huge block of ice in the basin earlier in the day and then just let it thaw out before we went and washed each others feet. That was some of the coldest water I have ever had on me. (It was all I could do to keep from bursting out with the Holsapple family favorite, "Cold Water" by Heepie Bapple!! Thankfully, I refrained...) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep from laughing as my feet turned a weird shade of fuchsia!! I kept my head down with my hands over my face as I tried to get a grip, hoping that everyone would assume that I was crying instead of cracking up!! It was definitely a low point in my life...And my poor feet were seriously beet red for a full 10 minutes!!) After foot washing we went back in and ended up singing for two more hours. It was awesome, but made for a very late night for those of us who had a two hour drive back home after church. We didn't get back home till after mid-night.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

well all i can say is i hope the guys didnt really waste the whole day watching u of a football if they want to watch real football they should have watched the texas ohio state game.

Jeshanah said...

They only watched part of the game because UofA was getting crushed and it was too sad for them. They ended up playing video games most of the day.

Hully said...

I didn't know UofA played on Saturday. I thought only LSU played.

Jeshanah said...

Well, yeah... but both teams were there!!

Hully said...

Shanny, check your email once in a while...

Jeshanah said...

I check it everyday! But I usually only check it once when I first wake up, then again right before Zion gets home from work.

Hully said...

But you never reply.

[thought bubble]wait a minute... maybe she's trying to tell me something... [/thought bubble]

Israel said...

Let me tell you about my suburban nightmare so that y'all can feel sorry for me.

We live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Stockton, which is protected by a gate and a 24 hour guard and patrolled constantly by security in marked vehicles.

In the past week, a house across the street has been broken into and some stuff was stolen. Also across the street, in another house, our neighbor's car was broken into and stuff was stolen.

A few streets down, a police lieutenant also had his car broken into and his laptop was stolen.

I guarantee you the mean streets of Castro in Tucson have nothing on our crime rate the past week.

Also we have ants, which are not as big as roaches, but surely outnumber them by thousands to one.

Feeling sorry for me yet?

Israel said...

I have killed lots of paper printing out all of the info Lilly sent me on that house and I still have a bunch of basic questions that can't be answered by poring over a bunch of legal documents.

There is a good article in Kiplinger's which talks about how the housing bubble has burst and homeowners don't realize it and they are still pricing their houses way too high.

It compares them to Wiley E. Coyote with his legs churning wildly shortly before he falls off the cliff.

These guys bought the house for $197,900 four years ago and they are trying to cash in big time, in a soft buyer's market. We may need to wait a while to see if reality starts to set in.

Israel said...

They are asking $365,000 when other homes recently sold in the same development went for

$250,000;

$299,000;

$250,000;

$291,000;

$295,000.

Es mucho overpriced no?

Israel said...

Do you guys know anything about the owners?

Where do they work? Age?

Are they unemployed? Kids?

Why are they moving?
Where do they wipe their boogers after they pick their noses?

That sort of thing...


(I am trying to gauge level of desperation)

Jeshanah said...

I have no doubt that they wipe them on the walls. The walls were really disgusting looking...

(Rolls Eyes)

What kind of question is that, you sicko?!

Jeshanah said...

The owners were not there when we looked at the house, so we don't know anything about them except that they have a beautiful house that(we thought) met almost all of your requirements. I don't remember seeing any 'kids' stuff, so I guessing either they don't have any, or if they do, they are older.

Israel said...

It absolutely appears to meet all the requirements except the most important one: Price.

Maybe they'll come down.

Israel said...

I think it just went on the market.

Israel said...

I have to say Jeshanah that this thread is the first communal foot-washing related complaint I have ever heard. Kudos are in order.

I have something to vent about too and it relates to a different kind of washing.

Two weeks ago I went to a car wash and ordered the Platinum Wash for $21.95 (I always get my money's worth because my Volkswagen Passat is always filthy)

Anyway, they "lost" my floor mats during the 15 minure wash some how. My guess is that the convicts that work there gave my beautiful mats to some other jerk and he never returned them.

I made the manager, who had a tatoo on his neck sign a statement saying my mats would be replaced within two weeks with factory spec Passat floor mats if they didn't turned up.

So they gave me these brown, dirty, disgusting looking mats to use for two weeks, while they waited to see if my mats turned up. They didn't of course.

I show up to get my new mats and they are the wrong shade of gray and have Passat embroidered on them in cheezy letters. They were new and in Volkswagen packaging, looked like they were swapmeet factory rejects or something. Sigh!!

They didn't even offer me a free car wash in return for my troubles, even though I specifically asked for one. (Hey, my car was dirty again!)

So I'm never going back there.

I'm going to the other car wash, where they employ higher class convicts and more illegal aliens who are smarter and more diligent than those other bozos.

Jeshanah said...

I have to say Israel, that this thread is the first time I have ever heard someone referring to floor mats as "beautiful", so kudos to you as well!!

By the way, I wasn't actually complaining, I was making fun of myself, there is a difference. (However, if that is going to make you take away my kudos, then I was complaining!! Don't take away my kudos!!!)

Israel said...

Yes, the mats were beautiful.

They were beautifully matched to the interior of my 1992 Anthracite V-6 Passat.

My Passat's interior is beautiful because it has chrome and burl walnut accents.

Until the cheezy made an appearance it looked almost identical to the interior of my friend's 2005 Bentley, even though my Passat cost around $140,000 less.

Antracite is a mix of black and silver or gray or something. Just ask our resident color queens John and Sharla-- plain gray mats just don't cut it.

P.S. Taco Bell is not Mexican Food.

P.P.S. By the way, that Chihuahua doesn't really speak Spanish and the actor who does the voice for the Chihuahua is an Argentine.

Hully said...

Wait a minute. Are you telling me you all don't sit around eating Bean Burritos and Cinnamon Twists?

Israel said...

I know Republicans love Exxon, Chevron, Shell and Texaco, but why do you guys go to church in Phoenix when Tucson Tabernacle is literally a stone's throw away?

I could hit it with a rock from your house.

Israel said...

I bet their water is warmer too...

Israel said...

Although the feet are probably a lot older there.

Israel said...

The ongoing dilemma of old vs. cold.

Jeshanah said...

Well, since this is a public blog, I'll just say that Evening Light Tabernacle is a better fit to us then Tucson Tabernacle is... frozen water and all. =)

Sharla said...

Shan

This post was lots of fun. Lol all the way through all the comments. However, I did notice you seem to have forgotton? the word THAN. A couple times now I've noticed you've substituted the word THEN. I think Zion always does that. Maybe you are getting confused. Than-compare Then-next

Israel said...

"Better fit?" That many gallons of gas better?

Why not listen to the other place's sermons on the internet and then go with Location, Location, Location.

Man, if I were a certain preacher and I found out you were driving 100 miles away to go to another church, I'd feel like I'd been kicked in the nads. What if I work something out with him, maybe get your tithing percentage cut in half? Would that help the fit?

You guys certainly do know how to take lemons and make rotten lemons out of them. You could roll out of bed dress wash your face and be in church in five minutes.

And Bekah, I bet they had a big sign in front "Not Responsible For Damage To Antennas and This Means You Too Bekah!!" and they made you sign a waiver before you went through explaining the same thing.

Yeah let's sue them. Maybe a class action? Study hard a John because I see a bright future in car wash law for you when you get out.

Israel said...

Better yet, get a laptop with Wi Fi and a blue tooth headset, set it up and listen to the Evening Light Sermons via streaming Audio while attending Tucson Tabernacle. Close your eyes and you're in Phoenix.

The thing will pay for itself in no time.

Israel said...

You get two churches for the price of one and if one sermon is dragging you can toggle back and forth between them.

Genius!!

Israel said...

If you get one of those giant beehive hairdoos that have been so in vogue at Tucson Tabernacle for the past 40 years, you can hide the whole contraption on your head.

Super Genius!!

Jeshanah said...

You're crazy!

Jeshanah said...

(It's nice to have you back!)

Hully said...

Israel is right. You guys are wasting a lot of gas. You really should consider moving closer to Phoenix.

Jeshanah said...

Well, three of us would love to move to Phoenix, but one of us doesn't want to so we are all stuck in Tucson for now at least. (I'll let you guess who is who...) Something to do with a lifelong dream of working for TEP or something like that... I dunno.

Anonymous said...

ugh.... (rolls eyes)

Hully said...

Brandon's lifelong dream is to work at TEP? Who knew?

BeccaHolsapple said...

Yeah John, he's been talking about in for years...

BeccaHolsapple said...

it

Jeshanah said...

You know how Brandon is, once he sets his mind to do something... there's no stopping him!! He's the most determined 18 month old I have ever seen!!