Friday, April 24, 2009

Zion and I had a fun "date" today. We took a trip down memory lane. We first went for a walk around the boardwalk in Kendrick Woods... Lincoln was asleep the whole time. The sad thing about Kendrick Woods is that they tore down the little wooden house were Zion and I carved our initials long ago. (We were such rebels!) When we were ready to leave the park, Zion asked if I wanted to go ahead and drive on into Spencerville (the town where I grew up) and see my old house. I said, "Sure! If you don't mind!", to which he replied, "no problem... cheap thrills!" So we drove on into town and saw some of my old haunts and even went past Zion's Alma mater. LOL



While we were taking it all in... Zion asked me if I knew what we were close to, and for about 1/2 of a millisecond, I didn't know what he was talking about. Once I realized he was talking about Chuffer's... home of the world famous (okay, not really world famous, but oh so delicious they should be!!!) pizza subs, I clapped my hands in glee and giggled like a little school girl. (Seriously!... and do they really do that???) We called them and ordered a sub each then drove around Spencerville for 20 minutes until they were ready to be picked up... no small feat if you've ever driven around Spencerville. (It's small) 20 minutes is a LONG time to kill driving through good ole Spencertucky!! =) We got our subs and ate them in the car at the park. (Not Kendrick Woods, a different one where I used to play softball.)



The middle school I went to for almost a year (before getting caught trying to sneak to that dance, and pulled out to be home schooled. LOL) is gone. They tore it down. It's really weird cause there's just grass with a little patch of dirt where this huge building used to be. My old house has a giant barn behind it and looks like they added onto what used to be our utility room. They also had a huge pile of trash in the front for the garbage man... looks like they might be remodeling something. There was an old vanity out front (not one that I recognized) and a bunch of boards... if I didn't know any better I would think Mom and Dad never moved out! Hahaha.



To finish off the evening we watched "Fireproof". It's awesome!! I highly recommend it. =)

9 comments:

Lost in FWA said...

Sounds like a good quality time date!! =) Yes, Fireproof is awesome!! John and I watched that a few weeks ago. We could have watched it much earlier, but I refused to watch it until the kids were at grandmas so there would be NO interuptions! LOL! Did you guys watch all the extras? Those were pretty funny....especially the spoof of that scene from Facing the Giants! =)

-Laura-

Jeshanah said...

we are watching them now.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I remember having "dates" like this. It's a lot easier when there's only one kid (and your hubby isn't in college).

I love the extras on Fireproof and will occasionally break the DVD out just to watch the bloopers, pranks, and 60 second movie recap. Flywheel is still at the top of the three for my favorite, but I think Fireproof has managed to supplant Facing the Giants for number two on the list. (N8 pointed out that all of their movies have titles starting with the letter F. I wonder if that's some find of theme?)

Anonymous said...

Uhh...eaglesflight is Martha. The preview showed my name there but it changed it when it published.

Jeshanah said...

I knew who it was!! =)

The 60 second version cracked us up. We watched it a few times because it was so funny. (My favorite part was when she walked into the house and just buzzed right past him standing in the dining room with that, "I don't love ya'" thrown over her shoulder.) Hilarious!! They only had 60 seconds and they still got all the, "Mr. Rudolf" , "Caleb" s in there! Hahaha Too funny!

Jeshanah said...

I haven't seen Flywheel yet, but since I heard about it on the special features, I want to see it. (I thought that Facing the Giants was their first movie.)

Sarah said...

We have Flywheel, Shan. You are welcome to borrow it. We actually just watched it the other night. It's great!

justin h said...

ok when did laura start reading this blog?

Lost in FWA said...

I started reading the blog when I found it...it made it a lot easier that way! LOL...gotta problem with that mister? LOL! J/K

-Laura-