Saturday, April 04, 2009

I am watching "Love takes wing" on the Hallmark Channel tonight. It is based on the Love Comes Softly series of books written by Janette Oke. The books are awesome and the movies are very interesting (although not completely in keeping with the books). It's kinda frustrating me because they have not only changed alot of the story line... Belinda is not even Clark and Marty's daughter... she's Missy's adopted daughter! What's up with that?! Also, Willie LaHaye (Missie's husband) died, then Drew Simpson (Belinda's husband) died too! Plus, they keep changing actors so in one movie Belinda has brown curly hair and the next one she has straight blond hair... (that looks suspiciously like a wig!!!) It's kind of annoying. I don't know why I am even watching it cause it's kinda irritating me.

Also, last night Link was sooooo cute. (Shocking , I know, cause that's such a rare occasion... lol) It was late and usually every evening at 10 Zion has to walk around with him to get him to sleep. Nothing else works. He doesn't like it when I try to walk him around, only Zion. Well, for some reason Zion wasn't taking him from me as quick as he usually does and Linky was getting pretty upset. Then finally Zion stood up to take him and when he started to lean down to pick Link up, Linky looked right up at his daddy and immediately stopped crying and a huge grin came over his face. It was sooooo adorable. He was asleep in less than 2 minutes. =)

5 comments:

Sharla said...

Aaawww, that's so cute. He is such a little sweetie.

Unknown said...

Just to be clear, you are bothered that a fictional adaption to film of print fiction - by one of the more trite authors known to man - is not true to the "real" fiction?

If so, that's cool, just checking.

Sharla said...

Lol, PMB. Uhh, I don't think this particular author is "known to man" She's mostly know to girls.

BeccaHolsapple said...

Lol! I totally understand you Shan! It drives me crazy when they do that! It's like the 3rd ' Anne of Green Gables' movie, it was totally made up and had nothing to do with the books!!!

Unknown said...

I meant 'man' as the gender neutral all-of-humanity man, but still, excellent point Sharla. =)

And I agree 100% on that third green gables movie/farce.
It was TOTALLY made up, and not like the books at all - they are a COMPLETELY different type of made up. Not the same at all. 8-)

On the plus side, the third movie had some war and fighting and stuff blew up, so that's an improvement over the first two.