Thursday, April 23, 2009

WOohoo!!! Jess texted me last night while I was at church (I just got the message this morning...) to let me know that Country Club Hills is having their garage sell next weekend! I'm so excited! We've gone every year since I got married, except of course past couple years cause I was in Arizona! I've really missed it because it's always so much fun and we always get great bargains!!!!! That is actually one of the things I missed the most while I was in Tucson... seriously..... it's that fun. We go early and walk through the neighborhood together finding all kinds of deals and it's a blast! One year I bought an entire room full of exercise equipment for like $65... it was awesome! (a bike, rowing machine, weight bench, elliptical machine and something else that I never knew what it was called! plus some 3 and 5 pound wights!) That was the year Zion lost all that weight... unfortunately, he gained it all back... but hey! the point is, I LOVE GOING TO THESE GARAGE SALES WITH JESS and I'M VERY EXCITED THAT WE GET TO GO AGAIN!!!! =)

On a separate note, Dad, Justin and Zion are starting a new business together, delivering goods for Menard's, please pray for them that everything will go smoothly and fall into place as they are trying to get loose ends tied up. Thank you. -=)

11 comments:

Israel said...

I love garage sales too.

What are Menards?

Jeshanah said...

It's like Lowes or Home Depot... owned by John Menard #68 of Forbes 400 richest people in America.

BeccaHolsapple said...

Sounds like fun! Hope you gals have a good time and find lots of good deals :o)

BeccaHolsapple said...

Well I guess I'll have fun too, lol! I thought you meant this coming Saturday! And I will be busy busy busy moving and unpacking! By next Saturday though I might be ready for some garage sales!!!

Jeshanah said...

haha.... she's saying that 'cause I just called her and said, "What do you mean you hope we have fun??! You're comin', too!"

One year we all went and some old lady asked us if school was out... lol. As if! She thought we were still in highschool and we had all already been married for years!! Jess already had Ness and I think Becca was already pregnant with Brandon! Doubt that'll happen again. =)

BeccaHolsapple said...

Not with 4 kids in tow that's for sure!

Lost in FWA said...

Sounds like fun you all!

Hey, another great place to get some kid bargins is the Mom's to Mom's sale at the YWCA on Spring St. It's this Saturday starting at 9am-1pm (though you all might be too busy helping Becca & Family move) It's only kids stuff, from clothing to furniture and everthing inbetween. Those selling have separate booths and there are about 50...
I have sold the girl's clothes there 2 times now and have done awesome. The last time was this past Feb. I made $630 in 4 hours!!! OH YEAH! LOL!
They are doing another one so soon because of the demand...they usually have one in the Fall too.

-Laura-

Jeshanah said...

hmmm... that sounds interesting. I might try to squeeze that in. =)

Sharla said...

Exactly when are you going? If I can get Mary in here, can I come? I want an excercise bike!

Lost in FWA said...

Hey Shan,

If you do go, and if you want to get there when it starts, I would get there around 8:40. The last time there was a long line out the door by 8:45! And that was in cold weather! =)

Also, I got some others interested in selling so Elizabeth B & Marge have a booth, Megan Byrd & Beka Sanders too. I think Tammy Mehils also!

-Laura-

Jeshanah said...

I'm gonna try to go, but I don't know if I can get there that early. I'll give it my best shot ... but 8:45 comes awful early when your kid keeps you up half the night! ;)

It's good to know they'll be there, that probably means some cute boys stuff, too!! I can hardly wait for that now, either! Thanks for letting me know about it.