Sunday, December 23, 2007

Benjamin Lee Holsapple was born at 2:30 something this morning. He's a healthy 8 pound 7 ounces, 20 inches long. (at least I'm pretty sure that's what Jariah said when he called at 3:30 this a.m.) You might want to check back after 3 pm (When I get off work) and I'll verify those stats and possibly post some pics. =)

*Update at 5:45*

Okay, it was actually 3:50 a.m. when the baby was born, Jariah called me around 4:30 to let me know he was here. I went to work for about an hour this morning when Zion called me and told me that Jariah had just called and said that Ben was having trouble breathing and we didn't know what was going on. I called my boss and told him that my sister in law had had her baby last night and the baby wasn't doing well, so he came in so I could go to the hospital for moral support for Becca and Jariah. Everything seems to be almost okay with Benjamin, they think that he has something called Strep B, for you nurses out there, you know what that is, but for the rest of us I'll explain in layman's terms. 20 years ago an infant diagnosed with Strep B wouldn't have great chances, but now, thanks to science, it's not that huge of a deal. Just a little scary for the family members.=)

3 comments:

Sharla said...

Praise the Lord! We are so blessed to welcome our new little grandson.

There seems to be some complications with the baby's breathing, a common thing we're told for c-section births, so we covet the prayers of all who read this for our little Benjamin and his mommy and daddy.

We know our loving Father is in complete control. HE is our peace.

Marie-Eve A said...

I wrote a comment on Becca's bebo website...she'll read it eventually, but if you remember, when you see her and Jariah, tell them the good news got to Quebec and that I am very happy for them and that all is well ! Give them my greetings. You actually can give them a general greeting from the Audets ! :)
Happy Holidays !! God bless you.

Bekah Y said...

Congratulations! Heard the news at church yesterday and figured that this would be the place to get all the up-to-date info! We are so happy for you all.
After what we went through with Ryan after the twins were born, I was so sorry to hear little Benjamin might be having breathing difficulties. I am so glad to hear that it's not serious, but I know from experience that Jariah and Becca are probably still worried. Please let them know that they are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope Becca is feeling better as well, It's so easy to forget about yourself when your little one isn't doing well. We hope for another good report soon!

Congratulations again, and we wish you all a very blessed Christmas!

The M. Yingst Family