Monday, October 30, 2006

On Friday, Becca and I had our first girls only (plus Brandon) outing since Jess and Ness were here months ago!!! We had to go to the bank, and then we went to the mall for a while before heading off to Wal-mart to get some much needed items. The day started out with Jariah not being able to find his keys, which meant that the guys had to drive Zion’s black car (with its expired Ohio plates…) so I would have my car. Jariah looked everywhere for his keys before he and Zion absolutely HAD to leave for work, then Becca looked for about 2 more hours before giving up and we were ready to go.

Just before Becca and I headed out the door, I double checked my purse to make sure I had put my credit card back, (it was out the night before to purchase airplane tickets…) and what did I see? JARIAH’s KEYS were in MY purse!!! Weird, right? I thought so, too, and said to Becca…. “Hey, here are Jariah’s keys right here in my purse, I wonder how they…” and mid-sentence, I saw that Brandon was trying to shove a Veggie-Tales video into my purse…!!!! Mystery solved!!!!!!!!

Okay, so we walk outside (which is always a bit nerve-racking…) Becca with both sets of keys so she can get the stroller from her car and put it in mine, and me with Brandon, the diaper bag and my purse, and Becca opens her trunk, grabs the stroller, hands me her keys and uses my keys to open my trunk, drops the stroller AND my keys into the trunk of my car, and shuts it up!! ACK!!! Okay, so now we figure that we are probably gonna just have to take her car and not have a stroller, but luck is on my side and Zion had left the driver side door unlocked, so we just had to remove the car seat from the back, and Becca had to crawl though into the trunk with a flashlight and grab the keys.

Meanwhile, since it took both of us to get the car seat undone, (it’s the newer one that we keep in my car, and we haven’t ever moved it since Jariah installed it, so it took us a couple tries…) Brandon was sitting in the dirt (affectionately known as our ‘yard’) playing with some plastic cookie container that must have fallen out of the trashcan when the guys took it outside the gate. We picked him up, dusted him off and hopped in the car and were off!!.... to open the gate….!!! We finally got on our way, and once we were away, everything was smooth sailing!! We got everything done that we needed to do and we even had some fun!!!

All in all, we did a snap-dog-job!!! (That’s my new expression...)

7 comments:

Sharla said...

Rofl. You are so crazy! I just read this aloud to Dad and Justin and John and we were all laughing at it. Great new expression!

Yes, Dad, Justin and I are all up here at the Holsopple Homestead again for a few more days.

BeccaHolsapple said...

Yeah, this site isn't called Jeshanah's Arizona Adventures for nothing...haha

BeccaHolsapple said...

It's actually kinda sad that this stuff is worht mentionning as an adventure!

Hully said...

I want to know the origins of "snap-dog-job."

Jeshanah said...

Well, it all started when Becca was helping me make some dessert for a potluck at the church we are now going to.

Rabbit Trail...(It's in Tucson, and Bro. Mark Strohkorb is the pastor, PMB's mom recommended we check it out when we were in Ohio last time, so when we ran out of funds to drive back and forth to Phoenix, we tried it and we really like it.)

Anyhow, I was making some Chicken Noodle Bake (that we all love and I make all the time, Thank you, Sherry, if you ever read this!!)to take to the potluck, and some of sister Nancy's Chocolate Pudding and Peanut Butter Dessert (that I call Butterfinger Dessert, and also love and make all the time!!) so Becca was helping me out since they were both from both of us, but they just happen to be dishes that I always make. Becca crushed all the graham crackers and mixed the peanut butter and sugar together to make the crust and while she was pressing the crust into the pan, I was trying to say something like, 'wow, you did that fast', or 'you're good', or something along those lines, but "You did a Snap Dog Job!!!!" is what came out. Who knows why, not me. I have hardly any brain cells left and snap dog job just sounded right for some reason. <Shrugs> (I might need professional help....)

Hully said...

With a little work, it could be as successful as "w00t!!!11!!!1!!"

My goal is to use it in a sentence tomorrow. I sense the next big thing coming on...

Jeshanah said...

The four of us have used it a couple times since I invented it, and I think it has some definite potential. I wish you luck in you endeavour.