Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well, Thanksgiving is almost upon us. As this special holiday approaches, I am reminded of Thanksgivings past. This year will be vastly different for me than all the previous years, because I won’t be celebrating with my entire immediate and extended family.

This year I will be celebrating in Phoenix with Danny, Joanna, Josh, Becca, Zion, and all the kids. While I am looking forward to see how Zion’s family does Thanksgiving, I know that I will miss all my previous Thanksgiving traditions as well. I’ll miss uncle Vic’s prayer, Uncle Jim’s James Bond marathon, Melinda whipping us all in Dominoes, Aunt Deb’s noodles and Aunt Barb’s rolls…

Becca and I are attempting the noodles and rolls to try to recreate my aunt’s recipes… I’m not entirely sure how successful they will be, but they do look pretty good. My aunts have a little more experience than we do…

I’ll let you all know how this years goes, I just hope they have enough butter in the house for me….

1 comment:

Israel said...

Well it's got to be better than two of my worst Thanksgivings ever.

I spent one Thanksgiving in a beach house on the beach in Puerto Rico with a bunch of other college kids. The only thing vaguely "Thanksgivingish" about it was that I had a horrible cold Turkey sandwich.

That was depressing.

Another Thanksgiving was the first one with my new Chinese inlaws where we went to a Chinese restaurant. We had duck because that was the closest thing to a turkey they had. Also depressing.

I complained so much about this "tradition" that now they go out and buy an entire cooked Thanksgiving meal from Safeway. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry, pumpkin pie, everything. It's really pretty good and super convenient.

So at least now I have that. But it still can't hold a candle to Grandma's house in Miami Az.