Sunday, February 24, 2013

I have not posted or even LOOKED at this blog in simply AGES... been super busy keeping up with my two crazy, energetic, adorable boys!!! I have decided to start posting again, but the focus of it will be slightly different. I will most likely still share antidotes of what happens in our day-to-day lives.... but also, I'm going to post about the journey my husband of 12+ years is on (again)!!! When we said our vows, he was probably about 20 pounds overweight.... within 6 months of getting married, he had ballooned to an impressive 300 pounds!!! Yikes! I'm not really sure if I was that good of a cook, or if I was that BAD of a cook so he was sneaking fast food before I fed him dinner or what.... but either way, it happened. And it happened fast. And it's stuck around.

He has tried many diets and been semi successful with some of them... only to gain the weight back that he lost and then some within a few months of stopping the diet. The last time he had major weight loss was over 6 years ago when he did the Weight Watcher's program. At that time, he was in a competition with his brother to lose weight so he was taking it very seriously. They had a bet going and whoever got to their goal weight first, was going to be given the "pot" (They were each putting $5 a week into the pot). Things were going very well for both of them until Thanksgiving that year. After Thanksgiving, it all went downhill.

He has recently been given an incentive by my brother to lose the weight again.... my brother has pledged to donate $5 per pound once he reaches his goal. My Dad has also jumped in on this little game. (If anyone else wants to "sponsor" him, the more $ he has the chance of getting, the more motivated he is going to be! haha) His goal is to lose 100 pounds or get down to 230. He's a big boned guy so at 230 he should look and feel pretty good!!! :) His 4 year old and 2 year old sons would both like to keep him around for a while, and I'm rather fond of him myself, so we've got to help him get healthy somehow!!!

My sister is a personal trainer and has given us some healthy eating tips and workout advice, and we're working on a whole "lifestyle change" and creating a new "normal" routine. He'd like to lose the weight within the year (we're not going Biggest Loser or anything because he's also got to pay the bills so he doesn't have 8+ hours a day to dedicate to working out! haha) but he'd be thrilled if he got it gone in 6 months or so.

Anyway, wish him luck. Thanks for reading!! And we'll keep you posted!!! :)

5 comments:

Sharla said...

Go Zion!!

Iz said...

antidotes?

Jeshanah said...

LOL Iz... yeah that was a mistake. Supposed to be "anecdotes". :P

MariaJoy said...

How's it going for him?

Jeshanah said...

thanks for asking Maria.... he has been eating alot better. (we both have) but I have not had a chance to have him weigh in yet.... he's been keeping very busy with websites! :D