Saturday, September 17, 2011






Okay, so the past couple weeks have been both horrendous and fantastic and super dull yet lots of fun! haha Let me explain:

The horrendousness stems from having probably the worst cold/cough of all time, coupled with still living with my parents and the cherry on top, we haven't had a working car in almost 2 weeks. =/ It's hard to only get to go grocery shopping on someone elses schedule!!

The fantastic part, as always, I have the best two little boys in the world. =) Even when sometimes THEY are the cause of part of my stress or are testing me or whatever... they are seriously THE BEST!!! Take yesterday for example, we went to the Children's Garden/ Allen County Museum and right before Mom got back to pick us up Lincoln told me that he had to go peepee... the museum and library had already been closed for about 20 minutes by that point so I was contemplating walking back to McDonalds when Mom got back to get us. Well he didn't want to go to McDonalds... so we went ahead to Jo Anns (Mom's redoing the church flowers...) and since Garrison was asleep in the car I said that I'd just stay in the car with the boys while Mom ran in... completely forgetting that Lincoln hadn't "gone" yet. A couple minutes after Mom went in, Lincoln reminded me by asking to go into the store... as soon as I remembered he had to go peepee, I said aloud, "Oh yeah, Mommy completely forgot, I'm sorry, Buddy! I forgot cause I'm a terrible Mommy!" (Or something along those lines.... he responded, "No you're not... you're a good Mommy!!" *Melts*

The Children's Museum/ Garden story is what brings us to "super fun"... we've done a few things recently that have been photo worthy and lots of fun!! For instance, Lincoln and Zion went "camping" in the backyard the other day... it was a very impromtu campout/ bonfire since Zion didn't suggest it until after he got home from work (he's helping Dad on a big job with my brothers...) and we'd had supper. He and Lincoln were outside a few minutes later and I found the tent and started bringing out sleeping bags, pillows, marshmallows, jammies, flashlights, etc. while they got the tent setup and fire going. Garrison and I hung out for the bonfire and marshmallows, and even for a little while in the tent for storytime and jammies, then we headed inside to our nice, comfy, king-sized bed. ;)

Recently (which I guess has already been a month ago now, wow!) we also went to the Allen County Fair. Lincoln and I got a ride bracelet so we could go on all the rides as much as we wanted to! It was alot of fun and since Becca got a bracelet for herself, too, we were able to ride a couple of the "bigger" things together.... nothing too big, just like the scrambler a couple times and the strawberries without the kids!! That was alot of fun, but we mostly were riding with our kids... which was also a ton of fun!! You haven't lived until you've looked at life through the eyes of your child. :)

Plus, we're going to the Ft. Wayne Zoo next Saturday (fingers crossed our car is good to go by then!!!!) so we're looking forward to that. Lincoln is very exited about it as it's his first time! He can't wait to see the lions, and he's pretty excited to see the monkeys, too!! I'm guessing that the morning of, he'll say he doesn't want to go see them, that's what he did about the fair and riding the ponies (he loved it when he actually did it!!) and even about the Childrens Garden!! hahaha He cracks me up!! (Oh yeah, hilarious story about THAT, too!! Yesterday in the car on the way to the museum, he was telling Mom and me that Zion had driven a bobcat... but we couldn't figure out what "bobcat" was cause the way he was saying it sounded like "backpack" so I say, "Daddy drove a backpack?" (Hey, have you ever seen Diego? HIS backpack turns into ANYTHING, so he CAN drive it!!) :P) and he just smiles and says, "No"... so Mom and I are looking at each other trying to translate this mystery word and figure out what it is, so she asks, "Did Daddy drive a dumptruck?" and he looks and sounds like he's talking to an insane person and says, "Noooo, Daddy didn't drive a dump truck!!" so Mom and I both start laughing (while still trying to figure out the mystery word! hahah) and Lincoln says from the backseat, "I crack you up!!" LOL That really got us going!! We finally figured out that he was saying Bobcat cause I started asking Mom what those things they sometimes use at the jobsites are called, cause I knew he drove one the other day. After she came up with "bobcat" I asked Lincoln if that's what Daddy drove and he said yes.... just a little put out since he'd already said it like 10 times! hahhaa Life with a two year old, never a dull moment!!)

Oh, and the "super dull" part is simply that I haven't gotten out of the house much the past couple weeks due to cough/cold/ no car.... staying in gets kinda old when it's days on end.








2 comments:

Elisabeth (Bauer) Holsapple said...

That's great! I'm sure Lincoln loved "camping with Daddy" - something he'll remember... :)

P.S. Glad your posting more again. :) I need to work on my blog more too.

MrsAllen said...

Hope you're feeling better now. That was a fun blog though. Lydia loves that Children's Garden too and zoos and Diego. Children are amazing aren't they! They make you think in a whole new way... well I suppose it's not new but more like taking you back. I bet Lincoln loved his camp-out. :)