Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ace...er... Apprentice of Cakes!!!

This is me repairing my cake after learning the valuable lesson... "Don't open it while in the car!!!" It looked alot better BEFORE the smashing it with the lid in the car thing... Oh well.... live and learn. =)
Week 3 of class... Cake #2!! I was very unprepared for this class because I was at my first day of volleyball practice... so I just practiced the techniques a little bit at class and actually decorated my cake at home... in like 10 minutes just so I could say I had done it. It doesn't look too terrible... considering. =) (I was supposed to use more colors... but it had been a very, VERY long day and I was too tired to mix more icing colors.... it was just for practice and the family ate it!!!)

13 comments:

BeccaHolsapple said...

Wow Shan!! That's great!! It really looks like a lot of fun! I think your cakes look really good!

You just might become an Ace of cakes, lol :o)

Sharla said...

The little clown one is cute! I hadn't seen that one. Very good! Did it taste as good as the first one?

Sarah said...

Nice job, Shan!! =)

Israel said...

Where's the Lincoln memorial? Or at least a bust of Honest Abe? That's what I want to see...

Jeshanah said...

I have 5 months to work my way up to that, Israel! Plus... I think I have decided not to do that this year... I've got something else planned for his first birthday. The bust will be for his 2nd birthday party. (That gives me almost a year and a half!! Phew!!) His first birthday cake will be something a little easier but still very cute and (I think) original. =)

Elisabeth (Bauer) Holsapple said...

you could make a cake that looks like the top of a penny...:)

Jeshanah said...

lol.... blast! Did I already tell you?? That's seriously what I am planning on doing.... maybe it's not so original after all!! hehehe Oh well... that's the plan for this year. =)

BeccaHolsapple said...

Lol Shan!!! I still think it's a pretty original idea! How many kids get that for a birthday cake?

Jeannie said...

I love the lounging clown! LOL Do you seriously eat all the cake after you are finished decorating them??? Ugh... I'm still caked out from all the weddings the year we got married! Keep up the great work!

Jeshanah said...

We have been sharing it with Jess, John, Ness, Justin, Mom and Dad. That way we don't eat so much of it!!

I could probably decorate dummy cakes (styrofoam rounds) but that's not nearly as fun or quite so delicious!!! ;)

Israel said...

or fattening....

Israel said...

Oh yeah, and the penny idea was pretty original when I thought it up, MONTHS and MONTHS ago...

Jeshanah said...

Yes, Yes, you're very smart... now shut up! ;)