Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yesterday was Lincoln's first memorial day picnic... here are a few pictures. (I didn't get very many because I thought I had forgotten my camera for the first few hours of it.) =(


Zion was playing some strange new horseshoe-type game called "Cornholes?" most of the afternoon. He play golf in the morning with a bunch of the guys from church. =)

Lincoln was sitting with some new buddies watching his daddy play for a while.

They just couldn't resist all of Linky's miles of smiles!!! It was so cute!! =)


I played one inning of softball before I had to go get Link from Zion. (Zion claims he was fussy... but when by the time I got there, he was fine!) I played 3rd base and got someone out before it was our teams turn at bat. I can proudly say that I was the very first person to strike out!! LOL I haven't played softball since forever! (I think the last time was the year after John was my little league assistant coach!!! haha!) It's been a while!
It was a lot of fun and I wish I could have played longer but, oh well, maybe next time!
I have no pictures of that 'cause of the whole camera thing. =)

8 comments:

BeccaHolsapple said...

Third outfit of the day huh?! I just loved the hat and shoes!!

What time did you guys end up leaving?

Lost in FWA said...

Yeah, you don't get to really be apart of things when you have babies! Fortunately I had plenty of peeps who wanted to hold Elaina so I was able to actually get in on some action! Once they are 4 or so it's much easier!

Uhhh I think I see a typo!!! Whoohooo!! LOL! Zion PLAY golf in the morning huh? Gotcha! =)

John said he had a good time playing with golg w/Zion and their group.

-Laura-

Ps. Hey Becca, were you guys even there? I don't remember seeing you all. Where ya been lately??

Jeshanah said...

haha, Becca! The first outfit was too hot, the second outfit got spit up all over the front... and the 3rd time's the charm!! =)

I had a ton of people offering to hold him, too. Just not for long enough to actually do anything!! Plus, alot of them were little girls and I let them hold him, but I wasn't about to go anywhere without him! lol Poor little guy was passed around an awful lot yesterday... I actually started saying no towards the end because it was getting ridiculous!!! =)

Yes, even I have typos sometimes... amazing isn't it?! =)

Sarah said...

Yes, I am especially partial to the third outfit!!;) Looks like it came in real handy!

Cute picture of Abbie!!(and Link and Janessa, of course.) =)

Elisabeth (Bauer) Holsapple said...

Great pics! I didn't know my dad held him...how cute *sigh* I think he's looking forward to being a grandpa someday (though he won't tell me that)...but that day is WWWAAAAAYYYYY in the future if ever - looks like. :)

Jeshanah said...

Yeah, they were pretty cute together. Br. Chuck kept saying that he looked like he was ready to be Grandpa but your Dad was claiming that he wasn't old enough to be one yet. LOL He said he would be old enough as soon as you or Paul Michael gets married. In the meantime, I'll share my baby! =)

Sharla said...

Gary and I seem to have grandbabies popping out all over the place here lately, it's great, our cup runneth over! We will happily share our little dolls with your very deserving parents while they wait for their turn. :)

Elisabeth (Bauer) Holsapple said...

Great - I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :) 'Cause I kinda think they'll be waiting quite a while... :)

Sharla - you guys are extremely blessed with all the babies. :) Enjoy them!