Saturday, May 31, 2008

I am spending my Saturday in the kitchen. I am making 3 months worth of meals (or attempting to) in one day! So far I am off to a rather slow start... I've been at it since 8:30ish and at this point, I have yet to finish one item!

I am making my Dad's Chili (No carrots!!! ), my Mom's Spanish Rice, Potato Soup(I'm gonna try that again even though it didn't really work last time...), Shredded Chicken Sandwich Filling, and Beef a la Creole (I know, I can't believe it either!), Aunt Barb's Enchiladas, Sherry's Chicken Noodle Bake, Sis. Debbie's Cheesy Wild Rice Soup(YuM!), Crescent Roll dough for my Veggie Pizza, Meatloaf, and Baked Spaghetti, and seasoned ground beef for Taco Salad! (Phew!! I'm tired just planning it all!!! )

So far I've browned about 12 pounds of ground beef, and seasoned about 1/2 of that with taco seasoning for the enchiladas and taco salad.... and come up with a timeline of how I'm gonna accomplish all this in one day. (Answer, simple... I'll be cooking until midnight!!!!) =)

Gotta get back to the kitchen, no time for dillydallying!!!!!

5 comments:

Sharla said...

yum! Sounds delicious. I take it you just don't wanna have to cook during the summer? Is it hot in the house?

Jeshanah said...

Na, there's AC here, 'cept in my bedroom... I'm just cooking because I've been working full time and don't always feel like making a huge supper every night after I get off.

So far, I have the enchiladas, meat for taco salad, chicken noodle bake and meatloaf done. So I am finally making some progress. =)

Jeshanah said...

Well, it's 7:15 and I think I am done cooking... for the day, not with everything on my list. =( Call me a slacker, but I think I'm gonna have to continue tomorrow. Cooking is BoRinG work!!

In addition to what I already mentioned, I got the Chili and Spanish Rice completely done, and the Beef a la Creole and Baked Spaghetti are both halfway done so tomorrow shouldn't be too hard. (Just have to finish those two up, plus make Cheesy Wild Rice Soup, Potato Soup, and Crescent Roll Dough, which honestly shouldn't take too long.)

The problem of course is only having one stove and only having one really big pot. I would have had everything done by now if I had Jess' pot to borrow like I always did in Lima!! .... back when life was simpler. =)

Anyhow, there's an exciting day in the life of me. Join me next Saturday as I spend the entire day making lye soap and milking the cows.... just kidding, never-mind.

justin h said...

hint hint you could post on the blog saying happy birthday to jess

Jeshanah said...

I called her. =) I didn't use my computer much this week, (I was in the middle of a new Terri Blackstock series and didn't even have time to check my email!) but I did call Jess and sang a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" on her voicemail before she called me back and we talked for a little while.